Tema: Re: MS jau 80-ą levelį pasiekė :)
Autorius: Laimis
Data: 2016-04-21 17:23:52
Caponi rašė:
> Ir tada duomenys aftamatiškai nebekontroliuojamai nustos iš kompo
> tekėję? Ir pradės veikt MS'o savanoriškai sudėti jungikliai, kurių
> paskirtis turėtų būt to duomenų srauto išjungimas? Kad būtų aiškiau
> mąstas va vienas pirmų pasitaikiusių aprašytų eksperimentų ta tema:
>
> "While setting up a fresh copy of Windows 10 Enterprise Edition on
> VirtualBox, the user went through and disabled all three pages of
> tracking options, one by one [čia apie tuos MS jungiklius šneka, jei
> ką]. He then left the computer running for eight hours overnight, and
> returned to find that Windows 10 had attempted to contact 51 Microsoft
> IP addresses 5,508 times.
>
> After 30 hours, over 112 IP addresses had been contacted."
>
> Šaltinis - http://bgr.com/2016/02/10/windows-10-spying-investigation/

Bičiukas savo garsųjį tyrimo post'ą jau ištrynė...
Matyt po tokios kritikos:

„Nothing that others haven't mentioned but your data is REALLY flawed.
You've got 1619 attempts to connect on 3354 (a known teredo port) to a
known teredo IP address. That's Windows trying to check whether you are
online and IPv6 availability!

Next, is a connection attempt on 443. Now, I'm not saying this isn't
telemetry, but it could also be activation, windows update. The problem
is, you dropped the connections. Without actual traffic analysis, it's
impossible to say. The other issue of course, that if you are dropping
connections, Windows is going to try again. Over and over. So your
figures are massively inflated.

On top of that, filtering out teredo, the mystery port 443 connection I
mentioned above and local IPs most connections were to
akaimaitechnologies (according to your own DNS lookup) which is a
content-delivery network. So probably the Store. Which is harmless. Most
of the others are to search.msn.com (ie bing). That's probably apps
updating the news/weather etc.

Of course this is all conjecture, but without proper traffic analysis,
we don't know what data it is. I don't see anything here that's
particularly alarming though. Just Windows trying to update Live Tiles,
activate itself, and check for updates.“

Bet rimtai; reikia palinkėti seniems vilkams neprarasti gebėjimo
neužkibrti ant banalių kabliukų patikint twitter'inės media triukšmu,
netikrinant pirminių šaltinių...