Tema: Re: Lietuva isbris pirmutine. TVF - NE.
Autorius: abc
Data: 2009-09-26 03:19:45
papildysiu savo posta del TVF (kodel ju visiskai nereikia klausyti, nes jie
patarineja atvirksciai, nei naudinga valstybei), visai netycia aptikau idomu
nenauja straipsni, kas skaitot angliskai, dalinuosi zemiau:

''My favorite example is New Zealand back in the 1980s. Every year from the
1970s through the 1980s, New Zealand ran a budget deficit and a trade
deficit. Every year the IMF said, “You must raise your taxes and cut the
value of your currency to try to balance your budget and run a trade
surplus.” So New Zealand would do that, and every year the deficit got worse
and their trade imbalance grew larger. They did this for five or six years
and it got worse every time they did it—every time they followed the IMF
tactic of raising taxes and cutting the value of the currency.

Finally New Zealand Treasury Secretary Graham Scott (Secretary from 1986–93)
told the IMF, “Don’t ever come back here. Everything you’ve told us to do
has proven to be utterly worthless. We’re going the other way. We’re
slashing taxes.” From I think a 75% marginal tax rate, over the course of
five years, they cut it to like 18%. And every year they took in more
money—more money—every time they cut taxes they took in more money. And when
they strengthened their currency, their exports picked up; as their currency
got stronger, they exported more stuff. Isn’t it fascinating?
TGR: That’s the paradox.

DG: It got to be so interesting—it wasn’t Gordon Campbell—I’m trying to
remember; I just went blank for his name. But he passed the baton on to a
woman by the name of Ruth Richardson, who was a little more leftwing than
her predecessor—the tax rate was down to a flat 18%. They asked her if she
was going to cut it again, and she said, “You know, I don’t think I can cut
it any more; I can’t spend the revenue I am taking in now.” It’s a classic
line. So, what does she do? They actually started raising the tax rates
again, and what happened? Tax revenues fell.

But New Zealand had taught a lot of people that cutting taxes and
strengthening your currency is the best thing you can do. And as they were
cutting taxes, they kept cutting prohibitions and regulations; they kept
chopping them back. They were the real precursors of the Free Market
Movement that developed in the early ’90s and the early ’00s.''

visas straipsnis cia http://www.marketoracle.net/Article8434.html (kas
idomiausia, autorius netgi mini Baltic States, ir netgi teigiamame
kontekste)