Tema: Re: Apie nematomus ateivius
Autorius: Rimantas Liubertas
Data: 2010-03-01 14:56:23
>> Manau, kad mokslo reikalas būtu ne kažką neigti, o aiškintis, kas tai
>> galėjo būti.
> Mokslas būtent tai ir daro! Nes kiekvienam įrodyti, kad kaip Toxis sakė
> "Liubarto gatves 14 name NEpuotauja smurfai pedofilai" būtų neįmanoma.
> Šios mūsų blevyzgos nėra mokslas.

Aš kartą labai nensuotabioje vietoje aptikau ir išsisaugojau labai
nuostabų komentarą (jei tingu visą skaityti, tai užteks paskutinio
paragrafo):

===== citata ====
"It's why I don't bother anymore. I used to debate religion with them,
but at some point it became clear that the whole practice is completely
pointless. Beside that, the whole debate is unfair, anyway. I've often
said that arguing with religious people is like staring in an episode of
the RoadRunner cartoon, except you are forced to play the part of Wile
E. Coyote.

You see, in the cartoon The Roadrunner, the Roadrunner is not bound by
the laws of physics, whereas the Coyote is (to whatever degree the
cartoon's creators desire). That's the whole setup behind the Roadrunner
cartoon - the whole gag. The Roadrunner can do anything it wants to
escape capture. He can run off the edge of a cliff and stand in midair;
he can paint the picture of a tunnel on a canyon wall and run right
through to the other side; he can stop falling boulders from crushing
him to death by simply holding up a sign that reads "STOP!" - anything
he wants!

The Coyote, on the other hand, doesn't enjoy the same benefit. If he
steps off the edge of a cliff, unlike the Roadrunner, he is met with a
long whistling fall and a dust-cloud splat at the bottom. If he tries to
run through the same painting as the Roadrunner, he pancakes into the
canyon wall and slides into the dirt. In other words, the whole thing is
rigged. The laws of physics, reason and logic apply to Wile E., but not
to the Roadrunner... not at the critical moment. The two might be in
tandem free fall towards their inevitable death, but at the very last
second the Roadrunner will always magically produce something like an
Acme parachute and save his hide.

That's where you are if you try to argue with religious people. They
demand that you back up everything with empirical data and facts, and if
they can find a flaw in your thinking, they pounce on you and say "Ah
hah!" But when you corner them, those same rules don't apply. If they
can't explain something, then they get to shrug their shoulders and pull
a miracle out of their ass. If they want a great flood that covers the
whole earth in 40 days, no matter how ridiculous and impossible from a
scientific standpoint it may be, then they get it. How, you ask them;
God, they answer. It's the ultimate get-out-of-jail-free card. And all
because logic and reason doesn't apply to them when they get in a bind.
They use logic and reason when it serves their purpose, but the second
logic and reason presents them with a problem, they toss it aside like
some inconsequential nuisance. And you can't argue with that. You can't
combat willful ignorance with reason. If they want to believe some
nonsense, then there's nothing you can do about it. All the logic in the
world won't matter if they have no respect for logic.

==== citatos pabaiga ====

ic
--
http://rimantas.com/