Tema: Re: siu dienu kompas
Autorius: Salas
Data: 2018-04-18 09:17:56
Gal siek tiek ir permokesiu, Bet 2x16 kainuotu gerokai daugiau, o kur ji
galeciau isnaudot kolkas nesugalvoju. Iki siol gyvenau su 8 GB RAM ir
buvo per akis. Be to ziurejau Game'u testuose skirtumus taro 2*8 ir 4*8
RAM, tai 2*8 performance netgi geresnis buvo.

Assuming there isn't anything going on like single-channel vs
dual-channel, the extra 16GB of RAM will not make a difference since
most games out there will only use about 8GB at worst. If you have a
bunch of services or programs running in the background, then yes it
will make a difference; but for a completely unrelated reason. At some
point, games may breach into needing more than 16GB to run without a
performance hit, but we haven't reached that point yet (outside poorly
optimized games that have much larger issues such as memory leaks).

One situation where the extra RAM comes in handy (and performance can be
improved) is if you're trying to speed up a slow hard drive by using a
RAM disk. I was running this for a while myself before I upgraded to a
SSD as I had 8GB out of 16 reserved for the RAM drive.

In my opinion, it never hurts to have excess RAM since you never know
what you may end up using it for; and it's relatively cheap. But if you
plan on it for strictly improving FPS in a game, there are better
options. That is, unless you have a low amount in the first place.

As for a reference, here is an older article (over 1 yr old) about it
(with benchmarks):
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/does-more-ram-improve-gaming-performance/