Tema: Re: Windows Server 2016 Essentials
Autorius: Dainiushas
Data: 2017-02-26 10:02:09
1 – Does my Multifunction Printer need a CAL?

Yes, if the multifunction printer is connected to a Windows Server
network.  A multifunction printer accesses server software to; receive
an IP address, to receive a job, to communicate that the job is
finished, etc.  In short, it communicates with the server software.  If
the multifunction printer is accessing any server software licensed via
the Server / CAL licensing model it requires a CAL for that software.
The one caveat is, if your users who use the printer have CALs then the
printer is covered by their use via their CALs. If not then the printer
itself requires a device CAL. The same CAL requirement applies to any
other type of networked device – such as networked scanners, networked
fax machines, etc.  Devices that do not connect to the network or the
server software (generally referred to as peripherals) do not require CALs.

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/volume-licensing/2014/03/10/licensing-how-to-when-do-i-need-a-client-access-license-cal/

nu taip toliau :)