Tema: Re: proto neber...
Autorius: tomasz
Data: 2016-12-30 14:12:26
ne apie nepuolimo pakta kalba.
skaityk.
Soviet and now Russian writers emphasize September 2 as the end of the War
in the Far East, blurring the fact that the Soviet military advance and acts
of brutality towards Japanese civilians occurred not only before, but also
after the Emperor's surrender broadcast on August 15.  The most horrific
Soviet atrocity committed in the days before Tokyo accepted the Potsdam
Proclamation occurred near Gegenmiao in Manchuria on August 14 when a Soviet
armored unit attacked approximately 1,500 Japanese civilians - mostly women
and children. Survivor, Kawauchi Mitsuo, seven years old at the time,
remembers the incident as follows 60 years later.

It's known as the Gegenmiao Incident. It was a massacre at a place called
Gegenmiao in Manchuria in which one thousand several hundred Japanese
refugees were attacked by a Soviet armored unit. Over one thousand people
were slaughtered. The tanks came after eleven in the morning, attacking as
we fled from the fighting around Kou'angai. It was a crazy mix of sound from
the tank engines and machine guns. Everyone was screaming as they ran to get
away. Some people fell hit by bullets; others were crushed by tanks.[6]

The indiscipline and depravity of the Red Army in Germany a few short months
earlier was mirrored in Manchuria and Southern Sakhalin. Fueled by
propagandists such as Ilya Ehrenburg,[7] some of those same units that had
raped and pillaged their way through East Prussia. Thoroughly dehumanized by
their experiences on the Eastern Front, these units had transferred
eastwards directly after the fall of Berlin. The youngest survivors of
massacres in Manchuria become zanryu koji  (orphans who were adopted by
Chinese families and remained in China,) another tragic legacy of Japan's
failed attempt to create a continental empire. [8]

Applying the brakes to the Soviet offensive after Japan accepted the Potsdam
Proclamation on August 15 proved no easy matter. After some confusion among
the Kwantung Army commanders over communication from Tokyo regarding Japan's
capitulation, General Yamada sent a telegram to Marshal Vasilevskii's
headquarters on August 17 offering a ceasefire, which was rejected. The next
day, Yamada's chief-of-staff flew to the First Far Eastern Front HQ to offer
surrender, and on August 19 a surrender agreement was signed. In the
interim, Soviet forces continued their advance through Manchuria in line
with an August 18 order from Soviet Chief of Staff General Ivanov to ignore
all ceasefire offers unless Japanese soldiers had already clearly
surrendered and laid down their arms.[9]

--

t.