Tema: Re: Skytech užsiima Gray import?
Autorius: Linas Petkevičius
Data: 2019-05-03 15:55:30
Išversk.

"Sniegas"  wrote in message news:qahc5r$qp1$1@trimpas.omnitel.net...

Grey imports
"Grey imports" describes goods that are traded via distribution channels
that are not authorised by the manufacturer or their official
representative. In the case of Tamron products in Europe, only Tamron
Europe GmbH is authorized to import Tamron goods into the European
Economic Area and to organise their further distribution within Europe.

Išversti, ar taip suprasi?

What problems could occur with grey imports?

Quality issues

Lenses are precise optical and mechanical products. We guarantee the
quality of our products by ensuring correct storage, as well as by using
the right types of transport and transportation partners. In the case of
grey imports, there is an increased probability of improper storage or
improper transport. These goods could be exposed to high temperatures,
vibrations, jolts, high humidity, dust, dirt or similar negative
influences. This can result in defects or malfunctions. As grey imports
are not subject to strict controls, it is also possible that they are
intermixed with second hand products. There have even been cases where
the serial numbers on grey imported lenses have been changed so that it
is difficult to recognise whether the product is new or second hand.

Hidden costs

When ordering from a non-EU state (e.g. Hong Kong), you must take into
account the higher delivery costs and other additional purchase costs of
at least 25% due to the required customs clearance.

For example, the price of a grey import may be shown by the supplier
without VAT, which makes them initially appear less expensive than goods
officially imported by Tamron Europe. However, if you want to legally
import this type of product into the European Economic Area, this tax
must be paid when you receive the goods.

Financial risk

It is often the case that you are forced to pay in advance, which is not
a very favourable payment method in the event of loss or transport
damage. This is a particular problem because the dealers are mostly
based outside of Europe, which makes the process of asserting any claims
against these companies more difficult.

Problems asserting warranty or guarantee claims

If a product displays a defect then you are required to assert your
claim for a repair under the guarantee or warranty with the dealer who
sold you the product. As grey import dealers are often based in
non-European countries, they are not, however, subject to the strict
consumer protection regulations found in the EU. It is likely that it
would also be difficult to take any legal action against the dealers as
a result.

There is also the risk that an online dealer selling grey imports will
become insolvent. In the case of a repair, you may be expected to cover
the costs of the repair yourself in the worst case scenario.

How can I recognise properly imported goods?

Tamron products that are sold via distribution routes authorised by
Tamron Europe can be recognised by:

a 5 year warranty sticker
European-language operating instructions
Also insist on an itemised invoice stating the statutory level of VAT.

You can find a dealer in Europe using our Dealer Search.

If in doubt, please provide us with the model and the serial number and
we would be delighted to provide you with further information. Call us
on +49 (0) 221 / 66 95 44-0 or use our Contact Form.