Tema: Re: kaip nevartyk uodega, o vis delto pergale
Autorius: tomasz
Data: 2017-05-10 20:51:57
nu nu...
kvailasis naivume...
jei ne adolfo kvailumas ir pindosu pagalba, i blyna butu sukociotas
mordoras.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lend-Lease

Nikita Khrushchev, having served as a military commissar and intermediary
between Stalin and his generals during the war, addressed directly the
significance of Lend-lease aid in his memoirs:

I would like to express my candid opinion about Stalin's views on whether
the Red Army and the Soviet Union could have coped with Nazi Germany and
survived the war without aid from the United States and Britain. First, I
would like to tell about some remarks Stalin made and repeated several times
when we were "discussing freely" among ourselves. He stated bluntly that if
the United States had not helped us, we would not have won the war. If we
had had to fight Nazi Germany one on one, we could not have stood up against
Germany's pressure, and we would have lost the war. No one ever discussed
this subject officially, and I don't think Stalin left any written evidence
of his opinion, but I will state here that several times in conversations
with me he noted that these were the actual circumstances. He never made a
special point of holding a conversation on the subject, but when we were
engaged in some kind of relaxed conversation, going over international
questions of the past and present, and when we would return to the subject
of the path we had traveled during the war, that is what he said. When I
listened to his remarks, I was fully in agreement with him, and today I am
even more so.[30]

In a confidential interview with the wartime correspondent Konstantin
Simonov, the famous Soviet Marshal G.K. Zhukov is quoted as saying:

Today [1963] some say the Allies didn't really help us. But listen, one
cannot deny that the Americans shipped over to us material without which we
could not have equipped our armies held in reserve or been able to continue
the war.[31]

--

t.