Tema: Re: Kokio dydžio ratus jamt žiemai?
Autorius: tranzoo
Data: 2020-09-09 09:28:23
EU TYRE REGULATIONS AND FUEL EFFICIENCY
The new EU tyre regulations being introduced from November 2012 will
mean that all tyres will have a label which contains a rating for fuel
efficiency, wet grip and braking performance and also external noise levels.

 From this time, all EU tyres must include this label by law so
whichever tyre retailer you visit, the new EU tyre label will be
prominently displayed on the tyre tread, and its ratings and what they
mean should also be explained to you as a consumer.

Fuel efficiency is a very important factor when choosing a tyre – the
more fuel efficient the more money you will save on fuel. We are often
asked in our branches about fuel efficient tyres. Many premium brands
have spent considerable time into research and development to produce
the most fuel efficient tyres or 'energy saving tyres' as they are
sometimes called, without sacrificing performance or tyre wear. But how
can a tyre actually affect fuel efficiency?

Over 20% of a car's fuel consumption is linked to tyre rolling
resistance. What is rolling resistance? Well in simple terms, rolling
resistance is simply the energy lost from the friction of the tyre
hitting the road. So the more rolling resistance a tyre has i.e. energy
required to keep the car moving and overcoming the roll resistance, the
more fuel required.

Therefore by choosing low rolling resistance tyres which require less
energy and are more fuel efficient, you will use less fuel and save money.

You cannot eliminate rolling resistance altogether, but by choosing low
roll resistance tyres you can improve your fuel efficiency. This is why
the rating on the new EU tyre labels will help you to make the right
choice for your driving requirements as the fuel efficiency and rolling
resistance will be rated.

The new tyre regulations include a fuel efficiency/rolling resistance
rating from A to G to help you see at a glance how economic the tyres
are. A is the most fuel efficient and G is the least efficient. So if
you do a lot of driving and fuel efficiency is important to you, then
look for tyres rated A, B or C.