Tema: Re: Saule
Autorius: marijonas
Data: 2010-06-13 21:39:30
na ne dailininko, bet ir ne visiskai "tikra":
http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap100609.html
Explanation: Even a quiet Sun can be a busy place. And over the deep Solar
Minimum of the past few years, our Sun has been unusually quiet. The above
image, taken last week in a single color of light called Hydrogen Alpha and
then false colored, records a great amount of detail of the simmering
surface of our parent star. The gradual brightening towards the Sun's edge
in this color-inverted image, called limb darkening, is caused by increased
absorption of relatively cool solar gas. Just over the Sun's edges, several
prominences are visible, while two prominences on the Sun's face are seen as
light streaks just above and right of the image center. Two particularly
active areas of the Sun are marked by dark plages. In contrast to recent
quiet times, our Sun is moving toward Solar Maximum, and for years will
likely appear much more active.