Tema: Re: dvd burn speed
Autorius: Bone Daddy
Data: 2008-05-02 22:03:32
I had similar problems with the TS-L632M a few months back. I got onto the
Samsung ODD support and we concluded that it wasn't burning some media
properly and then was tripping up during Nero's verification. XP is set to
put the interface into PIO mode after a few timeout errors. The TS-L632M was
replaced and the new one has given no problems.

The easiest way (at least for the standard Intel controller) to clear the
PIO mode problem is to go into Device Manager, open up the IDE ATA/ATAPI
controller, check which IDE channel is in PIO mode then uninstall it. Then
go to the top of the list in Device Manager, right click and select Detect
new hardware.

Or you can try using (at your own risk) the attached ResetDMA script I was
sent by Samsung support.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=131824